Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 3, 2014

I'm still here!

I didn't mean to be gone so long! That dress has taken up all my time but its finally finished! Now I can get back to my normal routine sewing. You know, other people's mending. What? You don't do mending? It seems to be my experience that if you sew, you mend. Obviously I need to make a huge billboard to go in my yard that says "I'm a quilter, I don't take in mending".
So after finishing up a small pile of other people's problems, I decided to sit down and do something FUN. I pulled out my CW fabrics and started to play. 
I really liked this poison green and this madder red together. Check. 
Found a background and sketched a few lines. Check
Sat in front of the TV and watched "Miss Potter". Very entertaining and some really beautiful countryside.  
Appliqué, just what I needed. Ahhhhh
By the time the movie was finished, I had a very interesting line-art block. What will it be when it's all finished? Stay tuned. 

I also whipped up the quickest quilt I've ever done. And I make no apologies! It's cute enough and I needed a really quick project. This is for a baby shower I'm attending this weekend. 
Not bad for scraps and stash fabrics. The animal print was a large border that was cut from a panel. I had used the panel and this part has been languishing on my stash shelf for years. I used it all up, two pieces on the front, separated by big nine patch blocks, exactly the same on the back. Easy peasy!
Now I hope to get back to MY sewing projects and to check in on all of you!

Take care, Brandie

9 comments:

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Flowers! I see flowers, maybe you saw some in that countryside? L

Heather said...

Happy to see you are able to get back to quilting. I am fascinated by your appliqué. Can't wait to see what it becomes.

Createology said...

Congratulations on finishing that amazing period dress! Fun to just create with no plans. Great baby quilt. Creative Bliss Dear...

Esther said...

Love the applique, and a quick gratification project is needed once in a while.

Barb said...

great collection of CW print. interesting start to your new project. Cute baby show quilt!

Lynn said...

You deserve a long vacation from sewing after finishing the gorgeous gown! Well done.

Jean(ie) said...

Look at you go, and a finish, too! I need have a finish. Just got my quilting idea on one quilt. I just need to fix a border, get it sandwiched and done!

Dee said...

Your applique has me very curious. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of it!

Chocolate Cat said...

Love the baby quilt! Mum is my mender! She had to hem four pairs of pants for me Friday, lucky she doesn't mind.