Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gherkin in the Garden

It finished! Quilting, binding, it's all done. Now I'm trying to decide if I keep it for some later date or if I give it to the guild to pass on it children in need. 
I love bits and pieces of this quilt but not all of it. But I'm sure it will find love somewhere. And I'm happy to have done a new pattern. I even plan to redo this pattern some day just with less pattern in the fabrics, that's my biggest problem with this quilt. I'm simple. 
Speaking of simple, I'm still making dresdens. Right now they look like fancy party streamers. 
I did come up with a plan for the dresdens. I decided I want them on point. I'm still undecided on sashing. I like the idea of piping so maybe...?

Have a Happy Wednesday!
Take care, Brandie

6 comments:

Janet said...

LOVE love love Gherkin! Good job!

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Love the quilt and colors! D.G. L

Jean(ie) said...

I'll take the gherkin off your hands. LOL! It's adorable. I like the print. Party streamers... love that!

Shay said...

How could you give this away so soon! It's gorgeous Brandie. Fabulous finish!

Lori said...

Congrats on the finish! Such a fun complicated quilt!!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I don't think I could give that quilt away. So pretty!