Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 18, 2013

Spot of Tea

Much of the weekend was consumed with tea (English Breakfast), paper piecing (also English) and  British television.
Hubby bought me a new teapot to replace my Grandmothers which is looking frail and developing several new crackles in it's finish.
Isn't it the cutest teapot ever! And it even matches my favorite mug. More importantly, it makes a good pot of tea. Quite a bit of tea, 10 cups actually. Enough tea to keep me hydrated all day.

While drinking tea, I was sewing away on my hexies. First one, then another.
Until I had finished all of row 1. But just notice if you will, how I have them connected now. This is how I thought I had sketched out the layout.
But don't you know that it was wrong. After attaching all the hexies together, I then pulled out the sketch and discovered my problem.
It's it funny how un-sewing takes less time the the actual sewing?
Then I started over, drafted my linking triangles and sewed them all the correct way.
Row 1. But I've already started row 2 and it keeps looking better.
Did I just say that? I did and I really mean it. I really like it all together. I may not like each hexie but I like them all sewn together.
Who knows, this could become my favorite quilt!

I just have one question to anyone out there who has done English paper piecing.
When do I remove the papers?

Time for me to start the day, so I much leave you till tomorrow.
Take care, Brandie

10 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

I've been told that you remove the papers when the piece is completely surrounded the other pieces.

Hope your package arrives today.

P.S. freaking adorable tea set!
:-)

Barb said...

what a cute post. I love your dotty tea pot and mug!
sorry about the picking out - been there (a lot)!
your hexies look great.

Sharon said...

How cute is that tea pot!!! As for the papers, I take them out once I have a bunch done around it. You can leave them in for as long as you want though. Just remember that you will be handling the piece a lot.

Mad about Craft said...

Very cute teapot!!

I take mine out when each hexi is completely surrounded by other hexis.

Heather said...

So cute. Both the hexies and the teapot!

Esther said...

It is all too cute. Cute tea pot, and I love the hexies. The advice you have gotten is what I would have shared, so there you go. It is looking so good.

Anonymous said...

Oh your teapot is too cute. I found some mugs at Christmas time at wally world that would also go with it. I was eating out a few days ago and had caught a chill and could NOT get warm, I ordered hot tea at the restaurant and it was just what I needed, it warmed me both in and out, and I felt good again. Sometimes a cuppa tea is just the ticket. :)

Lori said...

Lovely tea post and row of blocks!! Nice job!!

John'aLee said...

Ahhh...a like minded tea lover. The teapot is adorable. I collect them! One of the best things I like to find flea marketing. Those fabrics and what you are doing with them is fabulous!

Createology said...

Hi Brandie: It is snowing right as I type (Tues 9 am). We had a light flurry overnight so I woke up to white on the ground. I think we will have an inch very quickly. Warm Tea and Creative Hugs...