I did it! I finished a quilt. Not as impressive as Lori's from Humble Quilts, but I'm happy. The only thing left to do is name it and put a label on it. My first finish of 2012.
Remember these started as pre-cut lozenge shapes. I then started to piece them together and than appliquéd them to unbleached muslin.
I carried them with me to meeting and I think it took me most of the year.
I had it all sandwiched by December than I had to take time off because of my unfortunate finger accident.
But I'm on a roll now!
This weekend I buckled down and just started quilting and finally finish yesterday about noon. Then I throw the whole dirty quilt into the wash and let it soak for about four hours.
Those lozenge shapes were starched and dirty from years of being tossed around. But they're clean now!
And of course I throw it into the dry to get it all crinkly. I love that look. It's so inviting.
So there you have it, Dirty Dresdens to beautiful antique.
I just did a simple 1/2 inch quilting all around. I decided against feathers. One, I didn't know if my hand was up to it and two, I didn't want to take away from the Dresdens.
I'm thrilled with the way it looks. Right down to my monogram. This is my quilt and ain't nobody can say different.
Take care, Brandie
AAQI Quilt Finale
3 hours ago