Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Waste Not

Remember the really green quilt? The one with the fairy, koi, water lilies and frog?
Well I discovered that I was over zealous in my cutting of strips. I knew I wanted a variety of strips in different sizes. What I didn't know was how many.
So to not be a waster, I sewed all those leftover strips into a backing for the quilt. How smart was that!?

I threw it all on the ground next to my chair and would grab any ol strip of fabric.
Of course there were quite a few small pieces but I just sewed them into bigger strips. Not bad, if I do say!

Next is to get that quilt finished up. That quilt show really got me off track! That is my plan for next week, get that green quilt sandwiched.

Ok, that's all from me at this moment. Time to get back to my chores.

Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Anita said...

Holy Cow! That just makes me laugh, I hate cutting, so if anything I come up short rather than over. That's an awful lot of extra. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Lori said...

What a fun quilt!! And all free!! LOL

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

That is a lot of extra! I'm with Anita, I don't enjoy the cutting as much as the piecing. But that has turned into a great quilt!