Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bags

So today is another Opp.quilt work day. I really appreciate all the ladies helping with this project, so I like to reward them. For today's reward, I made "Green Tea Cupcakes".

Can you see the green dust on the cakes? This is Maccha. Which I believe is a ground up green tea powder. It does taste just like green tea. I thought that the frosting would turn out a lighter color, being made from it. Not sure I like the color. Definitely a strong and vibrant color. Wondering if maybe the recipe was wrong and there is too much Maccha powder. I'll have to ask the ladies what they think.

Yesterday I was reading Julia's blog. She was showing us how to make a little zippered bag. I remember that I had a couple of leftover Dresden plates, and thought they would work perfectly.

So I took them apart in the middle and tried to make a gusset to show off the points.
I wasn't successful. So I took it apart again and tried it just like Julia said.
Here it is. Kind of plain. I'm still thinking about those points. Maybe if I put the zipper down the gusset... I'll have to try that next.

I also finished a couple more bags, but I can only show you one now. This is another diaper bag.
Mainly in greens and yellow. I don't have any more pinks, so this will have to do.
Now I just need to make the quilt to go with it. Just not sure what to do yet. I'm still thinking on it.
Well I must dash. Off to an appointment.
Take care, Brandie

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love the dresden/fan bag. So cute.

katrien said...

Lovely bags.

Jelly Wares said...

You sure have been busy!!! I'm loving the yellow bag, just gorgeous and those green tea cakes are just the cutest...

Hugs - Jodie :)